Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Look Ma, no hands! I'm bloggin'!


Well look at me. Who would have thought I would join the masses and talk about things only I find interesting? I find that Facebook hinders my rantings to 500 characters. How is that even enough room for anything?!  I ramble like a bitch and I always have to edit my posts. I don't really care to write notes. Who even reads Facebook notes? Who even reads blogs? Well hopefully you'll like this one.

Coming Attractions...

If you ever catch my status updates they generally are posts of trailers or my two cents on the good and bad movies (Mainly BAD, I mean they are coming out with a Footloose remake! More below). So I thought why not just blog about my movie ramblings. The main focus of this blog will be about movies and whatnot. Not necessarily full blown reviews, just a blurb or so about it. Initially I thought that blogging about your life was extremely girly. Let's face it, it is. BUT if I sprinkle masculine all over it then it becomes ok! EXPLOSIONS, GUNS and NSFW GIRLS...YEA! Having movies as my focus also lets me talk about me, my life and various other things I may wanna spew on here. Hey, it doesn't hurt to make yourself think that you have a voice in the masses.


Teacher: Who is a Google fan boy, class?
Me: OHHHOHHHOHHHHHHHHH! PICK MEEEE!
Teacher: Yes. Phil?
Me: MEEEE!

If you don't know this about me, I love, love, love Google. I love what they are and what they do. Definitely expect more posts about them. Everyone is extremely threatened by them, hence why all the big corps. are banding together to make shit rough for them. Naturally this being a Google run blog site, they have a droid app. So that'll be fun too.

Right now the blog looks clunky. So gimmie a little time and I'll fine tune the page and the material. This is just a little "Hello to all" post. Alright guys, well I do appreciate the read. I know this will at least be fun for me. I hope you do find it enjoyable.

On with the show...

"This is our time" to take a shit on another American classic.
SERIOUSLY, KILL ME NOW! This is "Step Up 4"!

Let's talk about the trailer for a second. At 2:15, Ariel Moore (Julianne Hough) says "You wanna see something?" to Ren MacCormack (Kenny Wormald). We are then wisked away to show us that even bum town, USA can also say "You got served!". Not to mention Dennis Quaid. Shame on you. At least "Battleship" has explosions, slo-mo and CGI.
If I didn't have to be up in 5 hours, I would make reference of EVERY other dance/rap/music-off movies that do the "Hey outsider, let me show you how we do it in dis here town" scene.
This is terrible! In all honesty, why do they do this? Yes of course for money. There was someone who was like "I have a vision!" They then proceeded to use their turds as a pencil and rub it all over the original Footloose script. Is it because the younger audience has probably never seen nor will ever watch the original Footloose? "This is our time"? To do what? Remake a movie that will be really bad?

Mmm..Dreamy. I hope he gets the girl in the end and a lot of life lessons are learned and the town was wrong in banning dancing and it isn't about what's important here but here and dancing and Little Jon will be coming out with a new song JUST for this movie.
It is isn't even an homage. It is just an insult. I will DEFINITELY go see this. Not in theaters of course. It is like bad horror movies. You watch them because they are funny to laugh at, not scary.

Kill yourself before or after the trailer. Your choice: