Thursday, August 11, 2011

13,000 Ways to die and Jason Bourne's mentally challenged stepson


Today was a beautiful day. It was great. This is one of the early tastes of fall and signs that summer is ending. It wasn't too hot and it carried a nice cool breeze. Where was I to enjoy it? Oh, you know. I was having my DNA broken down my sun rays, napping and brainstorming today's blog. I'm soakin' it up, man. No pun intended. School starts soon and I can only do this for a couple more weeks.


I feel like I say this every so often but I LOVE my job. I am really lucky to have landed it via GMU. I work for Military Sealift Command. I work at MSC HQ in their IT department at the Washington Navy Yard (right next to nats stadium). I've met a lot of great people there (Archie Stock). This is a HUGE opportunity for me and I am getting tons of experience, training and certs in various things. I'm not gonna dive into who they are and what they do but if you actually care to see check it here: http://www.msc.navy.mil/

Today was a really great day at work. A guy I work for is taking me under his wing and is getting me hooked up with more training and upping my workload. He really wants me to get involved with his projects. That, the nice day and the great lunch I had with my coworkers is what really topped off my work day. Speaking of which, the lovely lady summer interns who I have really enjoyed getting to know are heading back to NY for school. So they will definitely be missed without a doubt. I will see them soon when I go to NY in several weeks to visit them and other friends. 


On a somewhat more serious topic, I am going to harpers ferry on Sunday with friends for various fun activities. Out of those friends is a someone who I really haven't spoken with in like 7 months. There are a lot of reasons why we stopped talking. I'm not going to get into that here. I have no doubt that everyone will have a fun time and it will be a great day. Nonetheless, it has been on my mind all week and I'm quite apprehensive about it. The whole affair has weighed quite heavily on me for sometime now. I'm sure I am not the only one who has abruptly drifted apart from a friend. Especially one that you meshed well with and had a lot of good times with. It also can be a difficult scenario when those not speaking are related to the same family/friends social circles. I'm assuming that the individual is impartial one way or the other. In any case, it will be a fun day and at the very least we all will have fun as a group. That's all that matters. Right?

ANYWAY...

I know! I'm sorry!

On with the show...

Ouch! Is he ok?!
Ok, I'm starting with the good movie here and leaving the best for last. Before I dive in here, "terri-great" is a movie phrase I coined a long time ago. The movie is so terrible that it is great. This and all the Final Destination movies fall beautifully into this category. This movie is good because it is a horror movie that does NOT take itself seriously. Those my friends, are the best kinda. Please allow me to demonstrate with a few examples:




The first Final Destination came out in 2000. In my opinion, this series is the father of SAW. Saw is the fucked up way-over-the-top gory violent son who wanted to outshine his daddy. Final Destination is right at the top without going over it. These are disgustingly silly deaths that are awesome. I mean really, I would love to be on this morbid think tank team that came up with this stuff (SAW movies included). I wanna watch them brainstorm up these ideas. You have to be pretty sick to come up with the deaths that occur in these movies. More so SAW but these are pretty nasty as well. Like water getting into your computer monitor and exploding glass shards fly into your neck. Then while bleeding out, you crawl to get the phone that is on the counter. So you reach for the kitchen towel to drag it down to you, only to have 17 kitchen knives drop into your chest. I mean I could go on all day (I refer back to the all death scenes link). It is the same regurgitated plot BUT with all brand new awesome deaths.

I'd be upset too if boiling liquid tar spilled all over Champ Kind


THAT is why it will be good. It will scratch your morbid sense of curiosity to watch how all these poor kids will die. While they are dying, you will be laughing, wincing and involuntarily covering your body parts that are being pulverized on screen. This will definitely be one of the many terri-greats that are out there today.




I am quite excited to get down on this one. This movie is actually one of the main reasons I started this blog. A simple facebook post will just not cut it. Two things before I start: 1. I am ashamed to admit I know this reference, but Team Edward peeps, this isn't for you! 2. A friend of mine came up with a perfect name for him; smushface. So for the sake of typing Taylor Lauter's name over and over. I will be calling him smushface.

Even though I said I'd call him smushface, I can't help but think about Sealab 2021's squishface. I may use them both interchangeably.

Oh, man. Where to begin? This movie is like a tame and really, really, really bad story plot of WANTED/Bourne Identity, except he doesn't have the genetics of a hit man or a trained CIA agent that forgot who he was. Hell, that may even be the case. I'll never see this so I don't know. Somehow though, he's a fucking bad ass out of nowhere and can thwart off people trying to get him. 
Oh ok, thanks trailer 2 for the establishing shot of how he can take on the world.

Thanks to his "Dad" and the badass training, he is able to perform Jean-Claude Van Damme round house kicks, jump out of speeding cars, try to pull a Tom Cruise on a motorcycle, defeat trained men in hand-to-hand combat, dodge bullets, slide away from sniper fire and perform extremely poor Jason Bourne acrobatics. This is just from the trailers, people. Mario Bello and Ripley also star in this to prove that they have no careers left. Do I really need to go on? Oh and one more thing....

EXPLOSIONS!!!!
And...


MATT DAMON LOVE SMUSHFACE!
 Hopefully you already watched the first trailer. Catch the second trailer as well so that you can totally soak in the god awfulness. Enjoy.