Friday, September 16, 2011

Brad Pitt's girls fight it out!


I am ALWAYS hearing about who is better: Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie? Today we are going to find out. I am squashing this bullshit once and for all! It seems like I hear more people in favor of Jennifer Aniston. She stole Brad from him, she is hotter, Angelina likes incest...BLAH BLAH BLAH...who cares!? These people are not your fucking friends. What does their personality and who they are have ANYTHING to do with the reason we know them for? They are Actresses. Who cares that Tom Cruise is crazy and that Mel Gibson hates Jews and beats up on his wife. Personally, Mel Gibson is one of my favorite actors. They are both amazing actors. 


I don't watch these people to find out about what they did good or bad in the real world. I drop my money to watch movies to be entertained by their acting abilities. Anything else simply does not matter. 


Let's cut all the crap and get to brass tacks. Let's compare them as actresses and see which is truly better. Generally, Jennifer Aniston has been type casted into the romantic comedy genre. Angelina Jolie ventures a lot more around the spectrum. Hotness (for the both of them) aside, I think Angelina Jolie is the better actress, has been in more credible movies and worked with a hell of a lot better talent than Jennifer Aniston has. But what the hell do I know? I only have watched a shit load of movies. Anyway, let's have the numbers tell us who is actually better. I am listing both of their movies that they have been in, with a rottontomatoes score. I am not including documentaries, TV shows and TV movies.

Jennifer Aniston
24 Movies
Leprechaun 30
She's the One 59
Picture Perfect 49
'Til There Was You 7
The Object of My Affection 49
The Thin Pink Line 65
Office Space 79
The Iron Giant 97
Rock Star 52
The Good Girl 81
Bruce Almighty 49
Along Came Polly 25
Derailed 20
Rumor Has It...20
Friends with Money 71
The Break-Up 34
Management 43
Marley & Me 63
He's Just Not That Into You 42
Love Happens 18
The Bounty Hunter 7
The Switch 51
Just Go with It 20
Horrible Bosses 70

Angelina Jolie
34 Movies
Lookin' to Get Out 27
Cyborg 2 27
Without Evidence 46
Hackers 31
Love Is All There Is 53
Mojave Moon 43
Foxfire 30
Playing God 14
Gia 92
Hell's Kitchen 40
Playing by Heart 62
Pushing Tin 48
The Bone Collector 28
Girl, Interrupted 54
Gone in Sixty Seconds 25
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider 19
Original Sin 12
Life or Something Like it 28
Lara Croft Tomb Raider; The Cradle of Life 24
Beyond Borders 14
Taking Lives 22
Shark Tale 36
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow 72
Alexander 16
Mr. & Mrs. Smith 58
The Good Shepherd 54
A Mighty Heart 78
Beowulf 71
Kung Fu Panda 88
Changeling 62
Wanted 71
Salt 62
The Tourist 20

Kung Fu Panda 2 83

What does it all mean?!


All these number were just not adding up and were quite confusing. So I turned to my local resident CPA, Corey, to help make sense of all the hotness going on. Thanks to Corey, he helped me average these numbers. The results were quite shocking to say the least. 

  Jennifer Aniston: 45.875
Angelina Jolie: 44.41


There you have it, people. The truth is out. Very, very close. I was surprised and double checked the numbers. Numbers don't lie and neither do I. At first I was tempted to bury the story because I couldn't accept the fact that Angelina lost. But here at Pass the Popcorn, we are a no spin zone. So I had to share the results. 

I was so sure she was gonna crush it. She has starred in greater movies when compared to Jennifer. I don't have to list them. They are above. Let's take a step back for a minute though. Are they really both that great of actresses when compared to others in Hollywood? No, no they are not. Also, being a good movie doesn't necessarily mean that you are a good actress yourself. Think about that while muchin' on the popcorn.